[UPDATE] Emails are failing

Hello everybody.

This is a quick update to let you all know that emails aren’t working at the moment.
We’re looking into alternatives ASAP.

You can sign up, but only via social login.

Thank you, we appreciate your patience during this time.

1 Like

Speaking for the community here:
We hope the mailgun account gets unsuspended and the issue can be resolved; we hope it will come back soon

1 Like

We’re looking into other solutions such as our own mail host, as Mailgun has it’s limits.

1 Like

If I knew any, I’d share them. I’ll ask around and share my finding later in a pm

1 Like

Did you try Google Gmail?

1 Like

Mail Host is different than a mail client.

2 Likes

IceCavern is looking for automated mail sending methods to share posts on a email account linked to the community

2 Likes

Sharing posts isn’t affected by this I dont think. I clicked the mail button and it worked fine.

Our main concern is signing up, but we have social sign ins for now, until we can get this all sorted out. Will follow up.

1 Like

(Community made response, I am in NO WAY official and can’t help with your problems. Please ask a moderator or an admin for your problems.)

As of now you will not receive emails from the Community. Admins are looking for a solution but please don’t expect emails until later on

You need to sign in with a email provider/log in method, if you aren’t able to either create an account for a log in provider or read the community for now until the problem is resolved

1 Like

I dont know, you probably gotta do it by code or something, roblox is either online or…

Also, did you change the “replying…” animation?

Nope, it has been the exact same, unless discourse did. I think somebody upgraded, either that or commits have been really slow.

Also, it’s not code, it’s just our mail host suspended our account, if @Crcoli737 is comfortable sharing why then he can here.

(The truth is I dont even know why lol, I was just informed we were suspended after emails started failing.)

1 Like

True

(You probably should set a topic timer to bump the topic every () m/h/d/y so everyone can see this and so it can be on the top of the list 24/7)

1 Like

It’s already a banner topic, but good idea

1 Like

Hope this gets resolved ASAP

2 Likes

Also, why did they suspend your account? Cant you just use a alternate / backup account?

1 Like

@Crcoli737 is the only one that can answer these questions.

1 Like

Why though?

As it says in his bio, he does the technical stuff. I mod and maintain the forum, he’s the one that has access to cloudflare, the command line, and mailgun. It’s out of my control sadly.

1 Like

To my knowledge, a mailgun account costs money, correct me if I’m wrong

Team BlackIron doesn’t have all the money in the world

(Community made response, I am in NO WAY official and can’t help with your problems. Please ask a moderator or an admin for your problems.)